The Sacrament of Matrimony
Matrimony is the unique Sacrament which binds one man and one woman together in a covenant under God and His Church. It is a Sacrament of vocation, a response to a specific calling that God has placed in the hearts of a couple. It is a bond that lasts for life which is permanent, faithful, and fruitful. Marriage is not just about two people, but is the foundation of the family, the "domestic church," the most basic and foundational structure, not only for the Church, but for all of society.
Catholic parishes have the responsibility of assisting couples to understand and to prepare for the responsibilities of the sacrament of marriage. This is not an event it is a process that requires preparation from all parties. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY WEDDING PLANS UNTIL AFTER MSGR. DAVID FIERRO MEETS WITH YOU (i.e. reserving a hall, music, etc.)
To Start please complete the registration form and return it to the parish office with the required documents listed below. Msgr. David Fierro will then contact you to schedule an interview.
For registration forms, please visit parish office.
Por favor pase a la oficina para obtener las formas de registro
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT TIME REGISTRATION IS SUBMITTED:
- 1st Communion, Confirmation and updated Baptismal certificates from both the Bride and Groom.
- If the ceremony is a mixed-marriage i.e. (Catholic & Non-Catholic), please advise Msgr. David Fierro at the time of your initial interview.
- If you are married by the court, a copy of your marriage certificate.
- Must be attending mass at Mother Cabrini Parish.
- If living outside Parish boundaries, a letter of permission from your Parish.
- Donation $400.00 for registered Parishioners / $500.00 for Non registered Parishioners: (Includes FOCCUS Test, Book and two flower arrangements)
- (Choir is Optional) Couples are responsible to obtain a Choir for their celebration. You are welcome to contact one of the Mother Cabrini Choir Directors.
Below is a helpful video prepared by the USCCB explaining some of the important details of a Catholic Wedding.